Looks like the prayers of the frustrated Nook owners have finally been answered. Barnes and Noble has started releasing an update to their popluar eReader today to address some heavy issues users have been complaining about.
The 2.1 udpate is rolling out as we speak, and thanks to Gizmodo, we know exactly what will be addressed:
- My Documents can now be sorted by title and author
- Better back button
- Daily subscriptions with issues are all in one folder
- “LendMe” books are now noed as such
- Bookmarks now show page number
- Current page and bookmarks are saved correctly now when the Nook is turned off
- “Reading Now” and settings buttons are more responsive
- improved battery life
- Improved opening of books and periodicals
- Improved in-store WiFi and “seamless connectivity” to in-store content and promotions.
From what we hear so far, the update really speeds up the nook and makes it much easier to navigate. If you don’t want to wait for the OTA update, you can go here to update manually.